How would you like to get help?
Select the option that is most convenient to you.
You can contact us by email, live chat, or phone.


Monday to Friday – 09:00 to 13.00

0333 321 9414

Live chat

Monday to Friday – 09:30 – 17:30

Frequently asked questions

How can we help you?

Since 1 April 2019, if you hold client money and are a property agent in England managing tenancies and licences of less than 21 years in the private rented sector you will need this protection. 
The client money protection schemes for property agents (requirement to belong to a scheme etc.) Regulations 2019.
The penalty for breach of the transparency requirements is a fine of up to £5,000. Find out more here. 
Each local authority has a duty to enforce the regulation link to regulation requirement 
  • Ring-fenced client bank account: Hold all client money in a ring-fenced client money account with a bank or building society authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority 
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance: Current and up to date   
  • Redress membership: Current and up to date   
  • Membership rules: you are complying with our [membership rules link], in particular handling client money  [client money rules link] 
  • Transparency requirements: Legally you must display your annual Client Money Protect membership certificate and the Client Money Protect logo/window sticker in all offices and on your business website link here 
We are a government authorised client money protection membership scheme for lettings and property agents in the UK. Our insurance protects the client money held and provides a financial guarantee if the member misappropriates it. 
Complaints can only be made about the process or service provided by Client Money Protect. Most complaints will be dealt with within five working days. Please see our complaints procedure for more information.
We do not currently offer members this option.
You can join Client Money Protect online here. You can join Client Money Protect online here. You will need a ring-fenced client account with a UK bank or building society, professional indemnity insurance and to be a member of a government approved consumer redress scheme. Any deposit you take will need to be protected in a government approved tenancy deposit scheme.